Personal Oracle8i installation

From: Sean Osguthorpe <sean_at_waterh.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 00:41:26 +0000

Please excuse my ignorance, I have recently downloaded Personal Oracle8i Release 2 Version 8.1.6 for Windows 98 and am experiencing difficulties with installing it.

When I run the setup program, after un-zipping the file, I get to the dialog box within the universal installer that prompts me to select the source and destination directories. The source is obviously pointing toward the location on my machine where products.jar resides, and the destination is a location I have specified as home. However, I get the following message:

'There was a problem in accessing the staging area. Please make sure the specified values for 'source' and 'destination' are valid'.

I am running windows ME, but I can not see that as a problem.

If I correctly point the source to products.jar, and have likewise created a directory as oracle home, and pointed the destination there, then I can not understand the error message.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Regards

--
Sean Osguthorpe