Another Query Problem

From: Ted Wasserman <csuyw_at_dcs.warwick.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 23:24:44 +0000

Thanks to anyone who can help with this one:

I have a table with 3 Columns, X,Y,Z (each of those columns consists of the same datatype, with repeating values in each column and across the columns - in this case it is character strings such as 'a1', 'j5', 'k8'. So the table would look something like this:

X | Y | Z

'a1' | 'b1' | 'c1'
'c1' | 'd5' | 'j9'
'f2' | 'a1' | 'c1'

etc.
Another table also exists listing all the character strings that may be used.

I want a query that will return a list of (unique) character strings, if they appeared in any of the columns 3 or more times (+ the # of times they appeared overall in those columns)

ie.

CHARSTRING | #timesappeared

'a1' | 2
'b1' | 1
'c1' | 3

etc....

Good Luck!

-TW Received on Tue Nov 28 2000 - 17:24:44 CST