Re: Limitation to 32K by Oracle OWA- and HTP/HTF-Packages

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 13:58:50 GMT

Your problem is not with OWA or HTP/HTF packages. You problem lies in the limit for the VARCHAR2 datatype. For Oracle 7, the VARCHAR2 datatype is limited to 2,000 characters. For Oracle 8 on up, the limit is raised to 4,000 characters. In Oracle 7, you are only able to use the LONG datatype for 32k storage requirements.

HTH,
Brian

Kemal Cavdar wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a problem wit the limitation to 32K by Oracle OWA- and
> HTP/HTF-Packages. I have to save more than 32K in a varchar2 variable.
> Is there a general solution for this problem? I use Oracle Version 7.3.4
> and an upgrade to 8i is not possible.

Brian Peasland
Raytheons Systems at
  USGS EROS Data Center