Re: Using MAX( ) function in SQL.

From: Kevin McDaniel <kmcdaniel96_at_home.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 22:36:12 GMT

Jack,

If you are wanting the maximum cost by color, partno, and description, you are going to need to use a GROUP BY clause. After your FROM clause, type GROUP BY and then all of the fields in your SELECT statement that does not have MAX in front of it. Jonathon is right, you need to think about how you are asking the question in order to know exactly how the syntax should look.

Good luck!
Kevin