Newbie needs help installing Oracle

From: Sesos Rodriguez <burrito_at_braineaters.cjb.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 16:40:49 GMT

I have just loaded Oracle personal edition 8.1.6 for Windows 98.

It is asking for a password and I don't know what to put. There was one step that called for a name and sid. It said like "name.domain", and the SID just
duplicated what you keyed in. I keyed in "olympic". Well, now when I bring
up SQLPlus, it asks for a user name, password, and host. If I just <cr>

thru, it eventually still asks for a password.

How should I answer the prompt on the install? or how to get past the user,password,host combination?

Thank you in advance!

Sesos