Oracle, VBA and LONG RAW

From: FABIO GRANDE <sngpbg_at_tin.it>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 11:00:57 +0100

Hi folks !
I've got a big problem using Word VBA and Oracle LONG RAW fields...

I'm trying to import tables data in a Word table. Unfortunately, one of the fields of my table is defined as LONG RAW (and I can't change its definition !!)

When I launch my ADO query and I try to print my field, I get only unprintable characters... Also if I print it in Debug window !

So I tried with GetChunk method... But nothing changed !

So' I'm asking You if there's a bug in ODBC drivers (I've tried Microsoft driver and Oracle Driver) or if there's something I still don't know... Where I can get latest releases of ODBC drivers ?

(I'm using Oracle 8, not Personal Oracle)

Thanx in advance for Your co-operation

Fabio GRANDE

PS - I'm sorry for all the errors You can find in my sentences... My english need to be improved ! I'll appreciate Your suggestions to correct the above mentioned errors ! Received on Sat Nov 25 2000 - 04:00:57 CST