Re: dbsnmp failure

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 19:47:41 GMT

OK - here's a real long shot. In Oracle nl often means national language. Perhaps you have the wrong national language settings in an init.ora file or you have not set the proper NL environment variables in UNIX. Van

  "Roger Lussi" <rlussi_at_a-f.ch> wrote in message news:3A1D4093.860D1324_at_a-f.ch...
  Hallo Van,
  thanks for your answer. But the message:   Failed to initialize nl component,error=511 is a cut and paste, that is all what i have.
  The error displays in the lsnrctl tool and not in a separated log file.

  roger

  Van Messner schrieb:

    Did the error messages have a letter and number i.e. NPR-00511? There is no

    snmp error 511 listed in the current manual of error messages.     Van

    "roger" <rlussi_at_a-f.ch> wrote in message news:8vjcju$g9e$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...

> Hello everyone,
>
> can anybody help me with the configuration from DBSNMP.
> I want to run the Oracle Enterprise Manager on a Windows NT4.
>
> The DBSNMP Agent from oracle should be run on a UNIX Machine.
> Now, when i want to start the dbsnmp agent in the listener tool
 from

> Oracle with "dbsnmp start", the following errors occurs:
> Failed to initialize nl component,error=511
> Failed to initialize nl component,error=511
>
> In the logs are no entries and the entries which are describe in
 the