R25DESM gives bus error or internal error

From: andrew_webby at hotmail <spam_at_no.thanks.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 11:44:00 -0000

Hi

Under Developer 1.6.1 (patch 11) on Solaris 2.6, this worked fine. We then upgraded the OS to 2.7 and it still worked fine.

One of the developers was getting 'funny' errors about bind variables which worked perfectly on our production machine and when I looked in Help/About, it reckoned it was linked against 7.3.4.0.0 (db is oracle 8.1.6 btw..), so in a flash of genius and inspiration, I re-linked reports25 with "make -f ins_reports25d.mk install". Since then, we can't even start r25desm.

I've checked the ORA_NLS33 variable and moving it between ora816 and ora161 gives either "Bus Error(coredump)" or "Internal error starting oracle toolkit". Have had a good look over the web, but to no avail.

Tried setting DEBUG_SLFIND=/tmp/awdebug and checking through the log there, but nothing of any use. Tried truss'ing it, but again, nothing. Tried changing Tk2Motif*fontMapCs as in a similar error I found on the web, but it didn't make any difference. Tried removing/reinstalling Reports, but nope.

Have tried to search technet.oracle.com, but God alone knows what the purpose of that 'search engine' is supposed to be. I've never found anything useful.

So two questions I suppose: first, anyone know the magic answer to solve my problems (hehe)? and secondly, is there a 'hidden' site I can check at Oracle that lets me at all the groovy patches and bug reports so I don't have to go asking all-and-sundry should I get similar troubles again?

Thanks in advance

Andrew Received on Fri Nov 24 2000 - 05:44:00 CST