Invalid page fault during 8i installation

From: Edward Brode <edward_at_brodedot.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 18:36:12 -0000

Dear All,

Anyone have any idea how to get around an invalid page fault caused by JREW.EXE that occurs during installation of Oracle 8i Personal Edition for Windows 98?

The splash screen for the Oracle Universal Installer looks like it is a java applet, and it flashes something awful, then the dreaded "This program has performed an illegal action and will be shut down." The details button reveals that JREW.EXE has caused an invalid page fault in kernel32.dll followed by the usual stack dump.

I'm beginning to suspect it is related to my monitor's adapter or something similar.

Thanks for any help at all!

Edward Brode Received on Thu Nov 23 2000 - 12:36:12 CST