SSL and certificates in ORacle.

From: Pat Martin <patm_at_rpk.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 15:24:39 +1300

I would like to configure SSL to operate between an Oracle client and the Oracle Server. I have read the article on configuring SSL and have done so and have requested signing of my oracle server certificate. I would like to know if there is any way to use Oracle software / components to sign these certificates rather than having to send them to a third party C.A. I have seen reference to such functionality in Oracle Secure Services (OSS) but can find no mention of this in version 8.1.6 or in the Advanced Security Option which I have installed. Is there an equivalent product to OSS for version 8.1.6i under Windows 2000 and if so where do I obtain it? Many thanks. Received on Wed Nov 22 2000 - 20:24:39 CST