Q: "Distributed operation not supported" error

From: Gerard Averill <NO_gaverill_at_chsra.wisc.edu_SPAM>
Date: 22 Nov 2000 20:48:52 GMT

I'm receiving this error when calling a packaged procedure through a database link. (I don't have the error number and haven't been able to find the error in the manuals.) What's not clear to me: does this error indicate that the remote procedure is attempting to perform an operation that cannot be performed remotely; or, that remote procedure calls are not supported (perhaps because some Distributed Option is not installed?)

BTW, both local and remote databases are Oracle 7.3.4 running on NT4.0 servers.

Any help is appreciated... Received on Wed Nov 22 2000 - 14:48:52 CST