Re: problem installing Oracle8.1.6 on Windows2000

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 22:58:25 +0000

In article <BDHS5.158124$ib7.21104494_at_news1.rdc1.nj.home.com>, Panthera <dkll_at_home.com> writes
>Hi,
>I'm trying to install Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 2 (8.1.6) on
>Windows2000 environment (I'm novice in both Windows 2000 and Oracle). I
>stopped installation because there was an error message saying that some
>component is missing. However 'Oracle' directory (with ora81 subdirectory)
>has been created anyway. I tried to reinstall again but this time I have an
>error message saying that 'the following running services need to be shut
>down before continuing:Oracle OraHome81 TNSListner'. I hit the retry button
>but nothing happened so I had to quit the installation. Then, I guessed the
>problem is from the 'Oracle' folder that has been created and tried to
>deleted it but I couldn't delete it with message 'Access denied'(this part
>is really a Windows question.....). So basically, I can't continue
>installation.....I really appreciate if you could help me how to solve this
>problem. Thanks in advance!
>
>Don.

The services are... Windows services, probably with names like Oraclesummat. These are the ones it needs to have shut down. In NT these are found with Control Panel/Services.

Andy

--
Andy Hardy. PGP ID: 0xA62A4849