Db Config. Assistant execution rights under NT

From: <monsri_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 14:27:42 GMT

Hello,

We've installed Oracle 8i on an NT server here, logged as administrators. But since then I've usually worked on this machine to perform my DBA tasks with my own login, which is NOT an administrator one... The NT team doesn't want me to be an administrator, and as a consequence I noticed that I can't execute the Database Configuration Assistant software (which is a shortcut to the following line:
D:\ProgFiles\Oracle8i\bin\launch.exe \
  D:\ProgFiles\Oracle8i\assistants\dbca DBAssist.cl),

I get an error dialog box saying that I'm not an administrator and that I have to log on as such in order to be able to run this soft...

Is there a way of getting around this problem and to allow me to execute the Db Config Assistant by only giving me specific and limited NT rights, or MUST I absolutely be an administrator ??

Thanks !
Regards,
Seb

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 21 2000 - 08:27:42 CST