TNS:listener Error

From: kush <kdhakal_at_eline.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 02:06:14 GMT

Hi all, I just have successfully installed oracle 8i on solaris. Now when I tried to connect it through Toad(development tool) from WindowNT it gave me following error.

ORA-12514: TNS:listener could not resolve SERVICE_NAME given in connect descriptor

I have checked tnsnames.ora file on my(NT) machine and it looks fine. My question is does tnsnames.ora in NT has to be exactly same as tnsnames.ora in Solaris(where the oracle database resides)? even if that is true, I tried that it also and I am getting same error. Do I need to change anything on listener.ora file on Solaris(where the oracle database resides)?. Any hint will be appreciated. thanks in advance.

kush Received on Tue Nov 21 2000 - 20:06:14 CST