Re: How to copy DB with larger DB_block_size to server.

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 08:27:56 +0100

Do I understand you correctly you want to change the db_block_size by recreating the control file?
Given the physical structure of the database (with header blocks in files, tablespaces, and tables), it would mean that all header blocks would have to be recreated, all extents would have to be rearranged, and so on. So this is evidently which is possible *only* by recreating the database, no other solutions, sorry.
So, you have to export, recreate the database after changing init.ora and import, that's the only solution.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA