Re: Trigger on specific column

From: Markus Roeder <markus.roeder_at_gwi-ag.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 08:01:44 +0100

If a triggering statement specifies UPDATE, an optional list of columns can be included in the triggering statement. If you include a column list, the trigger is fired on an UPDATE statement only when one of the specified columns is updated. If you omit a column list, the trigger is fired when any column of the associated table is updated. A column list cannot be specified for INSERT or DELETE triggering statements.

The previous example of the trigger might have included a column list in the triggering statement, as in

. . . BEFORE UPDATE OF ename ON emp . . .

Regards,

Markus