big-picture question

From: leegold <leegoldno-spam_at_operamail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 02:25:05 -0500

real newbie big-picture question: using ver 7.3 - a personal/educational ver.

I have a "local database". This is the default database I got w/my installation and there are of course sample users tables etc.

can I create another local database? e.g. local_db2 ? It's an Oracle object - right? Therefore I should be able to create another instance, or is it one db per local machine?

Trying to see what's "going on here"... as it is, the delimiter between database
implementations just seems to be a user's ownership, connections, projects - i.e.. I own these tables, these tables are related - these tables I own on "LocalDatabase" is my
"database".

I want to make my own new database instance and be able to put it on another pc w/oracle. What's the "big picture"? What am I not
seeing?

Thanks Received on Tue Nov 21 2000 - 01:25:05 CST