Front End switch

From: Gerry Stijlemans <gerry.stijlemans_at_pandora.be>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 16:48:06 GMT

Hi there ,

I have an oracle database (back-end) where I have written an client access-application at the front-end.
Now there is an decision to switch the client to an webapplication so the users can use a simple browser in stead off the access-client. I have an developpement server NT4.0 with oracle 8i enterpriseedition to devellop all this.
I 'm familiar with html but how can I connect in html to an oracle database ?
Actually the client is doing nothing more than select , insert and update table statements.
Do I have to use Java for this or something else ? Can some-one also giving me an example off a html page for logon to the oracle database ?
and the same things I do now with my access-client application(select,insert and update tables).

Thx a lot !!!!

Gerry Received on Mon Nov 20 2000 - 10:48:06 CST