Re: Problem installing Oracle under Red Hat LINUX remotely

From: Michael O'Neill <mjoneill_at_email.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 03:22:56 GMT

"Scottfreemail" <scottfreemail_at_aol.comnospam> wrote in message news:20001120164212.20043.00001061_at_nso-fo.aol.com...
> 1) Can anyone point me to a mirror for an older version of Oracle under
 LINUX
> (eg. 8.0.6) because apparently this java viewer thing is new to 8.1

I've worked only with Solaris platforms, but I can confirm that the java oracle universal installer is a new thing for 8i. However, I simply use my my terminal software's xhost functionality and manipulate the java interface just fine when working remotely. I do this via telnet.

I'm no expert. But the first question I'd ask about your LINUX installation target box is whether it is able to be an Xwindows client?

--
Michael O'Neill
mjoneill_at_email.com