How to copy DB with larger DB_block_size to server.

From: <yunhuiyang_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 03:44:31 GMT

Hi, all:

I'm looking for the solution for the following problem.

  1. I have a server with 3 instances runing, all having DB_block_size=2k.
  2. I want to copy a database with DB_block_size=8k to above server by recreating control file.

Can I do it?

I tried and failed. If I use DB_block_size=8k, the DB can't be created eventhough it can be create with 4k. I couldn't either use 2k or 4k to recreate the control files, since it's smaller than the orignal block size.

Any way get out from here?

Thank you

Helen

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 20 2000 - 21:44:31 CST