Re: Updating Records thru PC

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_erols.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 23:14:16 -0500

H.Distler wrote:

> Hello
> I am not an expert in ORACLE (in fact Select * from tab; is
> all I know). Now I have to add/update some records in a table.
> Is there a tool for Windows where I can access the database
> and change and add new records easily ?
> Is there A free ODBC Driver for ACCESS and is that recommended
> and what do I have to do ?
>
> I have Oracle 8.i and Access 2000
>
> Or maybe there is another easy tool to change records in the
> database.
>
> Thanks
>
> Hannes
>

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

        Yes there are tools. Since you are familiar with ACCESS you can use either Microsoft or Oracle ODBC drivers to connect to an Oracle database. Install the drivers, make sure that you have a valid TNSNAMES.ORA file in c:\ora??\network\admin that includes a reference to your server, and have at it.

--
Jerry Gitomer
Once I learned how to spell DBA, I became one