Re: PB6.5 and Oracle 8i

From: Cliff Dabrowski <cliffdw_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 19:16:04 GMT

Oscar,

You may install the Oracle 8.0.5 client to satisfy PB OR8 native driver. This client includes the ORA803.dll that this driver is looking for and this is not included in the 8i release. The protocol adapter error you are receiving is also due to a missing client DLL. If you need to use the O73 native driver then you can install the Oracle 7.3.4 RSF files from an Oracle 8 client installation.

Hth,

Cliff