Re: Oracle + Solaris + PC

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 00:38:38 GMT

If you have Oracle, it runs the same, with the same features and functionality regardless of the operating system. So Oracle 8.1.6 on Sun Sparc is the same as on Solaris Intel (is the same as NT is the same as Linux). Minor variations may exist, primarily due to bugs.

Therefore, the answer to your question is effectively one you need to answer yourself - Is the platform you are running without Oracle stable enough for your requirements? (See next statement to possibly modify your requirements).

With Oracle, I'd personally never try to run on a system with less than 256M (total) memory or less than 2G disk space to be assigned to Oracle.

/H