Re: INSERT performance

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 00:23:40 GMT

Also watch out for indexes, if the Insert performance is critical. Each Insert automatically updates the indexes so the fewer the indexes, the better (from this perspecitve). (And don't forget that many constraints, such as foreign key, implicitly involve indexes).

A lot of 'professional' systems have 'API' tables with only the key to ensure ultrafast inserts, followed by periodic transfer to the live tables.

/Hans