Re: Oracle-ports

From: <sybrandb_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 14:35:36 GMT

In article <8v3bkm$9pm$1_at_news.sns-felb.debis.de>,   "Gawdi Azem" <gawdi.azem_at_debis.com> wrote:
> If I want to communicate between the client and the server through a
> firewall,
>
> I have opened the ports 1521 and 1526...
>
> But it is not enough...
>
> The Oracle-Client uses more than the two ports.
>
> Is it possible to handle it, to make a fix-port.
>
> Is there any possibility to fix the TCP/IP-Port for communication
>
> between the oracle-client and the oracle-server.
>
> I have to modify the Registry of the Client and Server,
>
> but I do not know what for Values...
>
> Thanks for your reply...

If you are on Oracle 8i and higher you can set sqlnet.use_shared_sockets= true
in sqlnet.ora
This will force sqlnet to use 1 port only. The last few days I answered this question several times a day. Archives of the Oracle related newsgroups are located at www.deja.com. Please try to search them (and always include your platform and version in your post, as you might get inadequate responses)

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

All standard disclaimers apply