Missing Oracle control files

From: <suja_k_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 20:20:40 GMT

Hi,

When I start the database in server manager it gives me the following error:

SVRMGR> connect internal
Connected.
SVRMGR> startup mount
;
ORACLE instance started.
Total System Global Area
203771888 bytes
Fixed
Size
69616 bytes
Variable Size
70066176 bytes
Database Buffers
133455872 bytes
Redo
Buffers
180224 bytes
ORA-00205: error in identifying controlfile, check alert log for more info

I checked the alert log but did not find the control files anywhere.

Then I tried to recreate the control files as follows:

SVRMGR> alter database backup controlfile to trace;
alter database backup controlfile to trace *
ORA-01507: database not mounted

How do I create the control files? Am I missing something over here?

Thanks,
Sujata

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 17 2000 - 14:20:40 CST