Oracle XML support

From: <jack_li_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 14:15:31 GMT

Hi there,

I am seeking some advice regarding a design issue from Oracle Community.

We have a Java application working like this: 1> Accessing an MQ series residing on a mainframe and getting back an XML-format string.
2> Parsing out the XML-format string and generating a Java object based on it.

3>	Processing a bit of business logic on the Java object.
4>	Accessing a stored procedure residing on an Oracle database.

This scenario runs OK, but not satisfactory. I am wondering if there exists a better way to accomplish this by using Oracle XML Parser and/or any other Oracle tools.

In our “imagination”, if we could get an XML parser sitting on the Oracle server, receiving the XML-format string, parsing it out and accessing the stored procedures or tables/views locally, the performance would be dramatically improved.

Any suggestion with some guiding materials/URLs would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

---Jack

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 17 2000 - 08:15:31 CST