HELP ABOUT REMAINDER IN PL/SQL

From: Andrew Huy Truong <andrew-htruong_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 06:44:28 GMT

Hi, I have a problem here hoping someone could help me out, I'll be very much appreciated.
I need to know the symbol for a REMAINDER of a number, for example, 5 divide by 2, then the remainder would be 1. Or if 8 divide 3 then the remainder would be 2 and so on...
I know in C language the symbol is %.
like 5 % 2;
I'd like to know this symbol for PL/SQL or SQL plus, or if you can let me know the formula that would calculate the same result.

Thanks a bunch.
my email is andrew-htruong_at_home.com
Andrew.

I am doing this assignment for a class and I required to:

write a function convert_into_words tht takes in number value and returns the same number into words (take number from 1 to 99) for example: if 1 is passed then 'one' is returned, or 5 is passed, then 'five' is returned.

I cannot use any bulit in function. Received on Fri Nov 17 2000 - 00:44:28 CST