Re: Memory settings w/Solaris 2.8 and 8.1.6

From: John Blackburn <John.D.Blackburn_at_transport.qld.gov.au>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 16:40:47 +1000

Frank Seuberth <Frank.seuberth_at_odn.de> wrote in message news:3A116271.336DD320_at_odn.de...
> You have to adjust some parameters in the /etc/system file.
> See your plattform specific Installation guide.
> If you do so Your problems will be solved.
> Frank

you need the following in your /etc/system file:

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=4294967295
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=200
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=20
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=120
set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=110
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=400
set semsys:seminfo_semopm=100
set semsys:seminfo_semvmx=32767

you'll need to reboot for these settings to take effect. John.