Oracle 8i, forms server, and ssl

From: Ray Maas <raymond.maas_at_eglin.af.mil>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 14:14:24 -0600

I'm not new to Oracle, but most of my experience has so far been client-server.

I've installed Oracle Forms/Reports Server on an NT4 machine running Microsoft IIS instead of Oracle Application Server because my customer wants it that way. But don't laugh - my forms application is running fine on it.

Now I have to secure it (SSL). I got my certificate, imported it to the web server, and I'm now running SSL on port 443 - no problem, for my html pages at least.

How do I get the forms to go through SSL? By default the forms server uses port 9000. I have downloaded all the documentation I can find on Oracle's site, but of course they're not going to discuss running their forms on a Microsoft web server. Can anyone give me some hints, or direct me to a place where I can find some good info?

Thanks in advance,
Ray Maas Received on Thu Nov 16 2000 - 14:14:24 CST