Re: select from schema 1 minus select from schema 2

From: <Haniff_at_cyberdude.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 23:20:06 GMT

In article <1lh81to1c8gr1dvlei3m03cqgk1nqhi15o_at_4ax.com>,   Jeff Kish <jeff.kish_at_ait-mmii.com> wrote:
> Almost forgot.. the schemas may be in separate instances (I knew I
> forgot something that made this non trivail).
>
> On Thu, 16 Nov 2000 10:38:10 -0500, Jeff Kish
 <jeff.kish_at_ait-mmii.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I am using Pro-c (and need to know if this is possible), but this
> >could be extended to a general question I guess.
> >
> >Is it possible to create a result set from selecting from a table in
> >one schema and minus'ing a select of identical column types from a
> >table in another schema?
> >
> >Thanks
> >Jeff
> >e-mail replies are appreciated.

Brian Peasland's answer still holds, but you'd have to create a database link between the two instances. So:

select * from tableA_at_schema1
Minus
select * from tableA_at_schema2

Neef

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Nov 16 2000 - 17:20:06 CST