Re: sql*plus

From: <daud11_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 01:03:51 GMT

Thanks Matt

That's not what I am looking for. I found that set autocommit 100 only commits after 100 sql/pl-sql statements. It does not commit after 100 records have been inserted. May be my question below is a bit not clear. So far, the only way that I know of is to loop through in pl/sql with a counter and to commit everytime the counter reaches a specific number.
It would be nice if Oracle can allow for autocommit after a specified number of records have been inserted. If anyone knows how pls share.

insert into mytable select * from othertable /

daud

In article <3A13C09E.CD29F972_at_yahoo.co.uk>,   Matt Foster <matt_foster_uk_at_yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> daud11_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> >
> > I am using sql*plus in a Unix environment.
> > I would like to know if there is an option to force Oracle to auto-
> > commit after every 100 inserts. I saw this option: set copycommit
> > <number> and tried it. did not work.
> >
> > How about in a pl/sql environment?
> >
> > thanks
> > Daud11
> >
> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.
>
> From ORACLE SQL*PLUS: The Definitive Guide
>
> **
>
> SET AUTO[COMMIT] {OFF|ON|IMMEDIATE|statement_count}

> statement_count
> Causes SQL*Plus to issue a COMMIT after successfully executing the
> specified number of SQL queries or PL/SQL blocks. This value may range
> from 1 to 2,000,000
>
> **
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> MF
>
> P.S. COPYCOMMIT is for commits during use of the COPY command
> (surprisingly enough).
>
> --
> matt_foster_uk_at_yahoo.co.uk
>
> "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by
 those
> who have not got it"
> -G.B. Shaw

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Nov 16 2000 - 19:03:51 CST