Re: sql*plus

From: Matt Foster <matt_foster_uk_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 11:10:22 +0000

daud11_at_hotmail.com wrote:

> I am using sql*plus in a Unix environment.
> I would like to know if there is an option to force Oracle to auto-
> commit after every 100 inserts. I saw this option: set copycommit
> <number> and tried it. did not work.
>
> How about in a pl/sql environment?
>
> thanks
> Daud11
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

From ORACLE SQL*PLUS: The Definitive Guide

**

SET AUTO[COMMIT] {OFF|ON|IMMEDIATE|statement_count}

statement_count
 Causes SQL*Plus to issue a COMMIT after successfully executing the specified number of SQL queries or PL/SQL blocks. This value may range from 1 to 2,000,000

**

Hope that helps,

MF

P.S. COPYCOMMIT is for commits during use of the COPY command (surprisingly enough).

--
matt_foster_uk_at_yahoo.co.uk

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those
who have not got it"
-G.B. Shaw