What if no REF CURSOR...?

From: Ian Carrick <ian_at_rombus.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 12:06:39 -0000

Some questions I would like answering about Oracle 8i/VB/ADO.

  1. Is it true that MS OLEDB Provider for Oracle does not support REF CURSOR?
  2. If I want to run a different SELECT statement depending on an argument I pass into a procedure, how would I do it? Could it be done without REF CURSORS?
  3. How do you return a result set as an OUTPUT argument in a procedure without using REF CURSORS?

The reason for these questions are that I'd like to use MS OLEDB rather than Oracle OLEDB and need to get a result set back without using REF CURSORS. At the same time I would like to be ably to dynamically create the SQL statement dependin on arguments supplied in the procedure.

Cheers for help. Received on Tue Nov 14 2000 - 06:06:39 CST