Oracle Hot Backup of Associated files

From: <dickweisinger_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 07:24:22 GMT

Hi,
Can you please help me?
How can we best backup data associated with a hot backup?
We have a table that references volume and file data. As part of the hot backup, we want to do an incremental backup of all files that are newly referenced in the incremental hot database backup. (Someone added a column to the table with path to a file.)
How can we best do this? If we keep an
ARCHIVELOG, can we parse the data from that file? We may move to RMan in the near future -- can we read incremental RMan data?
Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 14 2000 - 01:24:22 CST