Memory settings w/Solaris 2.8 and 8.1.6

From: Brian Hall <bhall_at_directcommerce.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 17:43:34 -0800

While installing 8.1.6 on Solaris 2.8, I am having trouble getting oracle to come up. I've tried several different settings for shared_pool_size,db_block_buffers,etc in init.ora, but every time I try to start the server I get the following:

SVRMGR> connect internal
Connected.
SVRMGR> startup nomount
ORA-27102: out of memory
SVR4 Error: 22: Invalid argument
SVRMGR> I've seen some mention of some shared memory settings that need to be set. Can anyone point me to the proper Solaris OS settings I should be looking at ?

Thanks Received on Mon Nov 13 2000 - 19:43:34 CST