Problem connecting to Personal Oracle8i

From: <jeffyee_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 16:58:39 GMT

I have successfully installed Personal Oracle8i 8.1.6 Release 2 for Windows 98 to my notebook. I can connect to the database using svrmgrl and sqlplus (without keying in anything on the host string). But I can't connect to the database, if I use other front-end tools like toad or sqlplus (including the host string). The error message is

   ORA-12535: TNS:operation timed out

I tried setting the connect_timeout to 0 on the lsnrctl, but I still get the same error. Can someone please help me on this.

Thank you very much in advance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 13 2000 - 10:58:39 CST