Re: Detecting oracle server version on WinNT/Win2000 and Win95/98

From: Dan Anghel <danghel_at_centtel.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 22:37:43 -0500

What about reading the first line of the message when you connect via sqlplus?

So far there is no such thing in Windows Registry and I won't expect to find it there while
Oracle will remain a cross-platform product.

If you simply want to detect a previous installation, check

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Oracle

hope this help,

Dan A, Oracle DBA
-- All disclaimers apply---