Re: best place for intro ques.

From: <steveee_ca_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 12:58:13 GMT

Sybrand said it all really, but I just want to add that I've seen people in this group put a lot of work into helping a person with a question or problem, whether they're a newbie or not. Speaking for myself, I'm not nearly as accomplished as some of the people here (Sybrand for one) but I can sometimes answer questions for people that are within my capabilities.

As a general rule though, it's best to indicate you've tried something to solve your problem before posting if you can..unless you really are totally stumped.

All of this is only my personal opinion based on my experience here so far..

Steve

In article <8unuet$ba8$1_at_bob.news.rcn.net>,   "leegold" <leegoldno-spam_at_operamail.com> wrote:
> Is this newsgroup appropiate place for "newbie" questions about
> Oracle? NOT asking "what's a relational database?" But would be
> asking some general "big picture" questions, that my books don't
> seem to answer.
>
> Any links, forums, other groups appreciated - or is this group OK
> for this?
>
> Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 13 2000 - 06:58:13 CST