Re: What is needed to deploy forms on the web?

From: Eric Givler <egivler_at_flash.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 20:59:58 GMT

Get the Oracle Developer/Reports Server. (That should come with the Developer 6 toolset) and install it on any web machine that has Net8 installed and TNS entries to talk to your database.

"Lars Reineke" <reineke_at_kreiskrankenhaus-hameln.de> wrote in message news:3a0ac1ed.29826758_at_news.planet-interkom.de...
> Hi!
>
> I've got some question:
> Which Oracle products do I need to deploy forms on an intranet server?
>
> The following environment is given:
> - Oracle Developer 6.0 for WindowsNT
> - Oracle RDBMS 8.0.5 running on a Linux machine
>
> We'd like to access the forms via webbrowser, so what else do I need
> to deploy them, especially:
> - Do I have to upgrade the RDBMS or Developer?

No

> - Which web- or application server do I need?

Just about anything here. IIS, OAS, or IAS, etc, etc I set it up using PWS (under NT workstation) and CGI calls. It only takes about an hour or two to get both services up, running and configured.

> - Do I have to deploy the forms on the same Linux Server or is it
> possible to seperate it, e.g. on a WindowsNT machine?

YES, it's possible.

Buy an Oracle Web development book, or search for whitepapers on http://technet.oracle.com Received on Sun Nov 12 2000 - 14:59:58 CST