Re: Long strings....

From: Andreas Koch <akoch_at_rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 17:30:49 +0100

Barbara Kennedy schrieb:

> It sounds like the tool you are using is truncating or not allowing the
> strings. I have used strings much longer than 255 bytes in Oracle without a
> problem. What happens in sqlplus?

Will try that monday...

Just from the fact that TWO tools failed writing, and my programming language totaly fails reading such (possibly) large columns, while from at least my language and TOAD i know they should support long strings, i was pretty shure it is database related (Personal oracle 8).

--
                                                 Andreas
Die letzten beissen die ersten.