Bitwise AND and OR in a PL/SQL function

From: Jake Anderson <jakeanderson_at_byu.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 18:06:40 -0700

Is there a function or operator for a bitwise AND and OR function in PL/SQL. I need to OR together some numbers and then put them into a single field. i.e. 2 OR 4 = 6; 2 OR 2 = 2. I also need an AND function to check which bits are already on. Does oracle have these bitwise functions?

A shift left and shift right operator would be nice too but not as critical.

Thanks

--
Jake Anderson
jakeanderson_at_byu.edu