Re: ODBC Failure with ORA-1013

From: <jocave_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 15:19:24 GMT

In article <8ufge0$lpl$1_at_bob.news.rcn.net>,   "DWLMB" <bruzek_at_erols.com> wrote:
> When trying to link to an Oracle 8i database using MS-Access,
> I get a list of the files that I have access to, but when I select
 one,
> I get an hour-glass for about a minute, and then an ODBC failure
> box, followed by an Oracle 1013 error, which states that the user
> interrupted the process. I am able to connect from the workstation
> to the same database using the Oracle client with no problem. It
> seems that I am connecting to the service from Access okay since
> I can see the table names and so forth, I just can't open them.
>
> Any clues? I've searched around a bit and found others describing
> the same problem, but haven't found any solutions!

I believe that Access allows you to have various timeouts and you may have a query timeout set at a minute. You can either remove or increase that timeout from Access, or you can modify the DSN you're connecting with by unchecking the box 'Enable Query Timeout'.

--
Justin Cave - Oracle ODBC Development

Opinions expressed herein are my own and may not reflect those of
Oracle Corporation.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.