Re: cannot connect using ms odbc driver

From: <gjlinker_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 12:36:24 GMT

It looks like you are thrown by the well known ODBC hassles. There is conformance levels for ODBC drivers. It may be that the feature you require is not implemented in the driver.

If your requirement is to get data into Excel you may try using my SQL*XL utility:

http://www.oraxcel.com

Oh, it doesn't use ODBC!

Regards, Gerrit-Jan Linker

In article <8ua5tu$3fl$1_at_tilde.csc.ti.com>,   "John Hayles" <spoonman_at_ti.com> wrote:
> 1) I am running mdac 2.6sp1 and Net8. I cannot use the 'Microsoft
 Oracle
> ODBC Driver' to connent to the database through anything (Excel,ASP
 pages,
> etc...) except for the 'Oracle ODBC test' utility. When I try to
 connect
> thruogh Excel I enter the psw, id, db info and hit enter, what is
 returned
> is a dialog box with a single exclamation mark in it '!'. I get no
 clue as
> to the error. When trying to cneect through ASP I get error:
 'Microsoft OLE
> DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005''. If I go into the
 'Oracle
> ODBC test' utility and select the same connection I am able to get
 through
> using the same info. I have tried setting up other connections. Any
 help
> with this is appreciated.
>
> 2) What I want to do is set up a web page in ASP to 'page' through
 query
> results for large record sets. See:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/voices/server05222000.asp. However from
 what I
> can tell the Oracle driver does not support this. It will not allow
 setting
> the value of recordset property: AbsolutePage. I get an error message
: the
> 'provided' does not support ...
>
> Thanks for any help
> John Hayles
> Oracle Newbie

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 10 2000 - 06:36:24 CST