How to return a result set in PL/SQL

From: Ian Carrick <ian_at_rombus.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 14:44:51 -0000

I'm quite new to PL/SQL in Oracle 8i having been used to SQL Server 7 T-SQL. I was used to just entering an SQL statement such as:-

SELECT * FROM VAT into a stored procedure in SQL Server 7 and calling it by using 'exec usp_GetVAT'. What are the best methods to do the same in Oracle 8i? I know I need to set up some sort of cursor/package but how exactly do I do it and how do I send the data back if the stored procedure is called from SQL Plus for example.

Help is appreciated. Received on Thu Nov 09 2000 - 08:44:51 CST