How to group multiple select statments together?

From: <chuckk_at_monmouth.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 23:46:03 GMT

All,

 How do I group multiple selects into a single operation (some returning single rows, some returning multiple rows). and keep the data  consistent, despite an updated by another program happening in the middle?

(I am attempting this via perl DBI:DBD Oracle module, but pl/sql or stored procedure would also work for me - or any other way to do it...)

 I have something I dont know how to implement:  Scenario:

 Program 1:
 is selecting data from 6 tables.
 Tables 1,2,3,4 returns single rows, tables 5 & 6 returns multiple rows

 Program 2:
 Is updating tables 1-6, and does a commit at the end.

 Program 1 is in the middle of reading table 3, when program 2 does the commit, therefore table 4,5,6 contains the updated records, while the completed selects has the
 old data before the commit in tables 1,2,3.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Nov 09 2000 - 17:46:03 CST