Size of SGA and kernel parameters

From: Diego <dpafumi_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 23:46:59 GMT

Hi,
I have an HP box with 2GB of physical RAM memory. I'd like to extend the size of my SGA, I read that I can use up to half of RAM memory for Oracle (is that true?). So my idea is to extend the SGA to 1 GB. The question is how should I increase the kernel and init.ora parameters to arrive to that value? Which are the parameters that I should change and which values they should have? Thanks a looooooot for your answer. Please if you can anser me to dpafumi_at_usa.com
Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Nov 08 2000 - 17:46:59 CST