Re: Universal Installer Totally Dead

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 01:27:43 GMT

For NT - I assume very similar for Win 2000.

Use the installer, if you can, to remove as many of the Oracle products as possible
Stop all Oracle services.
Go into the registry and search for keys and values like "ora". Delete all those that have to do with Oracle. It's usually pretty clear, but leave any alone you're unsure of.
Go to your Hard drive(s) and remove all oracle folders and files. Use your taskbar properties to edit and remove all the Oracle icons from your start menu.
Edit your path to remove any remaining mentions of Oracle products. Bounce your machine.
Remove any remaining folders and directories you could not remove before. Make sure all the Oracle services are gone. If not go back to the registry and search for and remove them.
Done.

It's not as bad as it sounds - should take half an hour or so.

Van