Re: Database link from Access to Oracle

From: Brian Tkatch <SPAMBLOCK.Maxwell_Smart_at_ThePentagon.com.SPAMBLOCK>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 00:16:28 GMT

On Wed, 08 Nov 2000 20:30:10 -0000, mick <msa_at_propack-data.com> wrote:

>Thanks for your help.
>Anyway, I have been told that it's not possible to create a link from
>oracle to a non-oracle database, thus your method from access to oracle is
>probably one of the few existing. I definitely have to drop my idea of a
>SQL script.
>Mike

I have it from Access to Oracle with ODBC as the middleman.

Oracle doesn't care who it talks to, it just wants connection information, and tnsnames.ora should be able to do it.

From Oracle docs:

cdrom:/Doc/server.815/a67779/ch4f.htm#12782

 A database link is a schema object in the local database that allows you to access objects on a remote database. The remote database need not be an Oracle system.

Brian Received on Wed Nov 08 2000 - 18:16:28 CST