cannot connect using ms odbc driver

From: John Hayles <spoonman_at_ti.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 18:25:23 -0600

  1. I am running mdac 2.6sp1 and Net8. I cannot use the 'Microsoft Oracle ODBC Driver' to connent to the database through anything (Excel,ASP pages, etc...) except for the 'Oracle ODBC test' utility. When I try to connect thruogh Excel I enter the psw, id, db info and hit enter, what is returned is a dialog box with a single exclamation mark in it '!'. I get no clue as to the error. When trying to cneect through ASP I get error: 'Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005''. If I go into the 'Oracle ODBC test' utility and select the same connection I am able to get through using the same info. I have tried setting up other connections. Any help with this is appreciated.
  2. What I want to do is set up a web page in ASP to 'page' through query results for large record sets. See: http://msdn.microsoft.com/voices/server05222000.asp. However from what I can tell the Oracle driver does not support this. It will not allow setting the value of recordset property: AbsolutePage. I get an error message : the 'provided' does not support ...

Thanks for any help
John Hayles
Oracle Newbie Received on Tue Nov 07 2000 - 18:25:23 CST